Welcome to the Special Edition of Read Like Hell-A-Thon! We’re so excited to have you join us. This read-a-thon is hosted by myself @books.beans.botany and @the.vegan.hobbit so make sure to give us a follow as well as the official Instagram for the read-a-thon – @readlikehellathon.
What is the April Read Like Hell-A-Thon?
It’s a toned down version of the October read-a-thon. The same concept, still horror themed, and still loads of fun!
Levels and prompts can be read in any order you wish. Think of them more as groups instead of stepping stones to the next level.
The only exception is the BONUS level in which you need to finish the other levels as well to achieve.
Each character has more prompt choices than needed to give you options. Read all the prompts for extra points (the points don’t matter, except for bragging power).
If you achieve all levels including the bonus level (8 books total), you earn the title of “Persephone.”
To achieve the “Atlantian” level, read one book from each of the three characters’ prompt choices (three books total).
- Teeth on the cover
- Water on cover
- Has been or is going to be adapted into a movie
- Boat on Cover
- ‘Song’ or something involving music in the title or on cover
- Greek mythology involved
- A book about a deceptive murderer
- Siren/mermaid/sea witch character
- Tentacles or wings on the cover
- A book about a cult
- A book about a legend
- A book by H.P. Lovecraft or with ‘Lovecraft’ in title
“May Queen or King” Level
To achieve the “May Queen” or “May King” level, read one book from each of the four characters’ prompt choices (four books total).
- A book published in the 80s
- A book involving consequences
- A comedic horror
- Midnight/Night in the title
- A book with an unreliable narrator
- A book with demons
- Set at Christmas
- Snow or Ice on the cover
- A book with a German author or German legends
- MC(s) is a child
- Crown or blood on the cover
- Set in High School
- A book by someone in the King family (Stephen King, Tabitha King, Joe Hill, Owen King)
- A debut novel
- A book about vengeance
- Flowers or greenery on the cover
- Gold (the color) on the cover
- A book involving Irish folklore
- A book with themes of greed
- A book involving theft
Bonus Level –– Camp Crystal Lake Survivor
- A book about a murderer
- A book set in summer
- A book set at a camp
- Mask on the cover
- A book involving escape
Want to print the prompt list? Download this PDF!
Check back and join our Facebook group as we’ll be posting book suggestions for each prompt, social media graphics, and more!
This Post Has One Comment
Yessssss!!! So excited!