Welcome to the Special Edition of Read Like Hell-A-Thon! We’re so excited to have you join us. This read-a-thon is hosted by myself @books.beans.botany and @the.vegan.hobbit so make sure to give us a follow as well as the official Instagram for the read-a-thon – @readlikehellathon.
What is the April Read Like Hell-A-Thon?
It’s a toned-down version of the October read-a-thon. The same concept, still horror-themed, and still loads of fun!
Levels and prompts can be read in any order you wish. Think of them more as groups instead of stepping stones to the next level.
Each character has more prompt choices than needed to give you options. Read all the prompts for extra points (the points don’t matter, except for bragging power).
If you achieve all levels, you earn the title of “Persephone.”
Check back and join our Facebook group as we’ll be posting book suggestions for each prompt, social media graphics, and more!
To achieve the “Air” level, read one book from the prompt choices (one book total).
- A book with a feather on the cover
- A book with an assassination (or an attempt)
- A book written by an author from South America
- A book with poison
- A book with transfiguration
- The shortest book on your TBR
To achieve the “Fire” level, read one book from the prompt choices (one book total).
- A book with an enemies-to-lovers trope
- A book involving mythology
- A book with a blue cover
- A book with an angry MC
- A book involving the undead or the underworld
To achieve the “Water” level, read one book from each of the two characters’ prompt choices (two books total).
- A book that takes place (at least) partially underwater
- A book being adapted to screen in 2023 or 2024
- A book with a fat MC
- A book where music plays a significant part
- A book with a witchy antagonist
- A book with a disabled character
- A book with multiple retellings or adaptations
- A book about revenge
- A book with pirates or that takes place at sea
- A book with a clock on the cover
To achieve the “Earth” level, read one book from each of the two characters’ prompt choices (two books total).
- A book with an animal on the cover
- A book about a dysfunctional family
- A book that takes place in an African country
- A graphic novel
- A book written by an African author
- A book with a sibling rivalry
- A book that takes place in a jungle
- A book where the MC experiences prejudice
- A book written by a South Asian author
- A book that’s been on your TBR for over a year
- A book with found family