Readers have a thing for words, and that includes funny ones. These book puns and jokes are great for readers, librarians, and anyone who loves books.
Not only is a good book pun funny, but it’s also proof that words and linguistics are fun!
1. Audiobooks really speak to me.
2. Sorry, I’m booked.
3. You are “literarily” the best.
4. Here’s to the next chapter.
5. This week is going to be lit-erary.
6. Never read Fitzgerald? You Gatsby kidding me!
7. ISBN Thinking About You
8. Leave poetry to the prose.
9. I have no shelf control.
10. People who don’t read books are spineless.
11. Tequila Mockingbird
12. Brontë? What a breath of fresh Eyre.
13. Libraries make shhh happen.
14. Libraries are good for circulation.
15. Mind if I check you out?
16. She blinded me with library science.
17. When I think about books, I touch my shelf.
18. My weekend is fully booked.
19. Leave poetry to the prose.
20. Reading is a novel idea.
21. Readers do it by the book.
22. Have these book puns tickled your spine?
23. I’ve spent all day reading – it was bound to happen.
24. Take a page out of my book and leaf!
25. I got my friend to read Jane Austen. She just needed a little Persuasion.
26. My best friend just told me she doesn’t like Lord of the Rings, but she definitely doesn’t know what she’s Tolkien about.
27. Book me with your best plot.
28. Reading this book is a write of passage.
29. Not all books are created sequel.
30. This story leaves a plot to be desired.
31. Check yourshelf before you wreck yourshelf.
32. Strike a prose.
33. I’m at the end of my trope.
34. You don’t know what you’re Tolkien about.
35. I’m trying to get in her good books.
36. I’m booked on a feeling.
37. He opened a can of bookworms.
38. It was a good story, I tale ya.
39. I don’t loan out my books. Some say I’m shelf-ish.
40. Why is Sir Mix-A-Lot so smart? He likes big books and he cannot lie.
41. How do you get a dog to stop eating your books? Take the words right out of his mouth.
42. What is the spookiest kind of author? A ghostwriter.
43. Why was the book so good at using Tinder? He had a good opening line.
44. Why does a bookmark make a good employee? It always knows its place.
45. Did you hear that John Green got lost in Canada? Yeah, he was Looking for Alaska.
46. What’s a comedian’s favorite book? The Pun Also Rises.
47. I saw a vampire in a snowstorm. It was very Wuthering Bites.
48. Dystopian novels are so 1984.
49. Why are books so afraid of their sequels? Because they always come after them.